Tuesday 1 May 2012

No gym, no problem (part 2)

Today is a public holiday in Namibia as it is in many other countries in the world. So I had the opportunity to relax at home and did not go in to train clients or to visit my gym, which is about 70 kilometres away from where I live in the next town.

But that was no problem. I woke up at leisure, making sure I was able to catch up on some much needed rest, then had a quick cup of coffee, and then a short upper body and core workout. It took about 30 minutes, and included the following exercises, done in a quick succession circuit style workout, with short cardio bursts inbetween. All of it was done in my bedroom on the floor, using equipment I have at home.

Warm up: Jumping on my mini-trampoline for about 5 minutes, while warming up the upper body and core with arm swings, shoulder rolls, side bends, etc, etc.

Back and chest: Using my cables tied to the door I did rows, chest presses, lat pulldowns, straight arm pulldowns, etc etc.

Inbetween cardio: Between each giant set I did 2 minutes of jumping on my mini trampoline.

Isolated movements for biceps, triceps and shoulders: Using dumbbells I did a circuit of shoulder presses, shoulder front and side raises, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, hammer curls, tricep overhead extensions, etc etc.

Core portion: Using my swiss ball I did some swiss ball crunches, and I did some V-ups on the mini-trampoline.

I ended the workout with another short cardio burst on the mini-trampoline, followed by stretching and a bit of foam rolling of my legs, which are still sore from the week's earlier sessions.

And voila, it was done and I felt great for the rest of the day. No more than 30 minutes done and dusted, and although the intensity was less than normal, my gains are not lost and I am able to tap into the fat burning from increased activity early in the morning, even on an off day.
My AT HOME gym - mini trampoline, swiss ball, kettlebell, dumbbells, cables, and foam roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment