Saturday 19 May 2012

Take it outdoors

Taking your workout outdoors has such great benefits in terms of the fun factor, new ways to move the whole body, and just benefitting from the fresh air and the change in scenery.

Ever since I started training clients I have always done many workouts outside, but it is only recently that I have become more efficient at managing my environment, the potential surfaces and training areas available, and the mobile tools to my clients' advantage.

And they love it, it keeps the boredom of a daily gym session at bay, it can of course be part of a variety of sessions that would obviously include training in a facility, and I find that they don't feel the workout quite as much as they do when they are indoors.

However, here in Namibia, we don't really have areas dedicated only to exercising. Sure, we have beautiful and open beaches where beach bootcamp style workouts and sprints, as well as ocean swimming are all options, we have stadiums and sports fields for track-style workouts, and we have golf courses, etc, etc, but what is still missing is the outdoor-style gyms one see in countries like the USA.

I would love to be able to take my clients to park, do a bootcamp with them, some cardio included, and then have access to permanent exercise equipment that is available in the outdoor areas. In Milwaukee next to Lake Michigan, I found the exercise equipment in the photo on this blog. In Chicago, I saw the same type of equipment along the waterfront. In LA, the beaches have equipment for more gymnastic-style workouts, outdoor yoga areas, and of course, the most famous Muscle Beach outdoor gym.


Would be great to have the same here. I may never need to go indoors again, unless the weather prevents an outdoor session.

Outdoor exercise equipment in Milwaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment